6.15.2010

bringing nature inside

There's something about the way the trees smell in the Pacific Northwest. The salt induced moisture in the air is intoxicating and refreshing. Every time I'm lucky enough to spend a day in Golden Gate Park I leave feeling as though I've just finished a cleanse. I wish I could bottle that scent and bring it back to Chicago with me. Imagine waking up in Golden Gate Park every morning.* Ahhh!

In my attempt to achieve the fresh outdoorsy atmosphere, I bought a few of my absolute favorite candles ever. Honestly, it's not a perfect match. Yet. Right now I only have volcano which smells like, "tropical fruits, sugared oranges, lemons, and limes, redolent with lightly exotic mountain greens," but after looking at the manufacturer's website, I realized I have to get more.




I need Havana, "a warm earthy scent combining the richness of cedar wood, cedar moss, and lavendar sage" and wind which smells like, "exotic mixed floral with a light lift of spring rain and wind, with light tones of woods and spice."

Everyone should have at least one of these!

*Well, I don't really want to live in the park (I feel sorry for people who have to) but I want my home to smell like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment